Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentine's sugar cookies

Dave wanted to bring his seminary kids a treat for Valentine's Day so I jumped at the opportunity to make some sugar cookies to decorate. (He was going to just pick up some cookies or doughnuts, but I said, "Nonsense, it has to be something homemade and Valentine's appropriate) I must say I LOVE sugar cookies but always hated decorating them, but since discovering royal icing, it's pretty much a breeze to decorate and they look much more appealing than having some frosting slathered on them with some random sprinkles (although they still taste good).
Apparently the kids totally thought they were store bought (apparently it was too early for them to really see them) and just loved the flavour. Royal icing is notoriously terrible tasting but I bought some potent flavouring (blueberry) and that did the trick! I was quite pleased and still have a long way to go with learning how to decorate well, but it's fun and the results are delicious!
The outlined cookies
Filled in

No comments:

Post a Comment